Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

GA Firing Line

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Is @Hayata stalking the forum tonight? I hear he has some smart offspring that can suggest Trek bike models for 2 overweight 40-somethings that are about to drop some coin and make their asses hurt for the next few weeks......

What kind of bikes are you looking for? Cruising, mild off-road, full suspension? If you'd rather PM feel free.

Of course my son works at a shop that sells Trek so that's what he's familiar with.

lesptr

Ninja
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2018
Newnan, GA
Zip code
What kind of bikes are you looking for? Cruising, mild off-road, full suspension? If you'd rather PM feel free.

Of course my son works at a shop that sells Trek so that's what he's familiar with.

I own a Trek that was awesome for the year and 100 miles I used it. Buy a Trek. They’re great.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
My daughter (the high school one) was telling me how one of her friends is "so upset" because someone the friend just met (family function) has referred to her as "she" like four times now.

Apparently she prefers a different pronoun. And has changed multiple times since the start of the school year.

Some people just need drama, i guess.

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015

We have a Trek shop near our house as well, but then I remembered your posts, we've only looked online.

My wife and I will be mainly street riding. She's much lighter than my fat butt, both of us are 6',1" +, her height is more legs where mine is more torso and a 29" inseam.

I grew up riding both street and what was called a "hybrid" in the mid-90's - basically a cross between a mtn bike tire and a street tire, but back then, Cro-moly was the cat's butt and my Schwinn hybrid "only" weighed 18lbs, lol.

Since both of us will be riding / encouraging each other to get out each day, I'd suspect a similar type of "hybrid" for around town, a little off-road on some basic trails, but all within the burbs, no major off-road or anything.

Shocks would be nice for our 40-something bodies as we ease back in, price isn't really an issue as long as quality and usability is at the forefront.

And no need to PM, I don't mind stating that I'm out of shape and am trying to get better, no shame in my game ;)

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
On a side-note, both of us are dreading the ass-Cripple for the first few weeks.... we rented some bikes while on vacation and eventhough they had huge seats, I felt what @karlvv feels after @1776 meets him at the WaffleHouse..... Good Lord Almighty, I'm not looking forward to this, but it must be done