Faktory 47

Knight

Yeet yite yote
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Oct 14, 2019
Rocks
Main issues with USW

it was built using a modified Sphinx receiver post Sphinx going under. B&T bought their remaining tooling and parts.

they extended the rear of the lower, added the bridge, scalloped the front of the slide added the latch for the folding stock etc.

The bridge is not picatinny. The bridge is ONLY machined for the Aimpoint NANO. There was a VERY small amount of fsctory USWs towards the end of their manufacturing that started to use bridges that were cut for ONLY the Acro.

you cannot buy the Aimpoint NANO anymore they’re all gone. If your optic craps the bed you’re pretty much fucked as there are no rear sights and you cannot modify the bridge or modify optics to use NANO mount

the holster only works with the Inforce APL. This is discontinued. Inforce will not fix broken APLs and at this point in life almost all their switches have failed.
the light is B&T stamped from Inforce so it’s a part of the “package” but mine was broken, and I couldn’t use the holster without it so dead weapon light and no means to replace with any other manufacturer

when I contacted B&T to buy spare maintenance parts, recoil spring, extractor etc they had none. They are starting to roll out their MK whatever pistol line, which is Sphinx pistols again, but still said they don’t foresee selling any spare small parts for those pistols in the future. It may change but as of now you won’t find a recoil spring or anything else.

kriss now owns the Sphinx license and they too have no spare parts and are abandoning the pistol (which may be why B&T picked it back up yet again.

so proprietary parts unavailable

Proprietary optic and optic rail.
irreplaceable and non-serviceable from Aimpoint without being original purchaser and they will be providing
ACROs as NANO replacements they won’t fit

proprietary weapon light which is probably the worst weapon light ever made (not you Olight) holster won’t work without it, irreplaceable
Oh I was being a smartass and thought it looked familiar…

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
If the weapon was serviceable
Could accept optics
Had back up optics
Could use different weapon lights
Had a serviceable weapon light

it would be amazing and I absolutely loved it. That being said, I don’t own shit I can’t maintain and maintenance parts are a big deal to me
Bigger deal is running different lights and optics which has been industry standard for longer than the USW has been around

they made it for a French LEO counter-terror contract and bled some civilian ones out, especially to Americans, without any plan or ability to maintain those weapons throughout their service life

sucks

the USW chassis for Glock and Sig is a much more capable system than their original OEM USW by their own faults

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
I sold it online for a premium to a collector and bought the TP-9 instead.

I was gonna sell it to one of y’all but not even I could put that disappointment on any of you, even if you thought you’d be okay with it. It’s like running into 4 dead end streets at a 4 way stop

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
Main issues with USW

it was built using a modified Sphinx receiver post Sphinx going under. B&T bought their remaining tooling and parts.

they extended the rear of the lower, added the bridge, scalloped the front of the slide added the latch for the folding stock etc.

The bridge is not picatinny. The bridge is ONLY machined for the Aimpoint NANO. There was a VERY small amount of fsctory USWs towards the end of their manufacturing that started to use bridges that were cut for ONLY the Acro.

you cannot buy the Aimpoint NANO anymore they’re all gone. If your optic craps the bed you’re pretty much fucked as there are no rear sights and you cannot modify the bridge or modify optics to use NANO mount

the holster only works with the Inforce APL. This is discontinued. Inforce will not fix broken APLs and at this point in life almost all their switches have failed.
the light is B&T stamped from Inforce so it’s a part of the “package” but mine was broken, and I couldn’t use the holster without it so dead weapon light and no means to replace with any other manufacturer

when I contacted B&T to buy spare maintenance parts, recoil spring, extractor etc they had none. They are starting to roll out their MK whatever pistol line, which is Sphinx pistols again, but still said they don’t foresee selling any spare small parts for those pistols in the future. It may change but as of now you won’t find a recoil spring or anything else.

kriss now owns the Sphinx license and they too have no spare parts and are abandoning the pistol (which may be why B&T picked it back up yet again.

so proprietary parts unavailable

Proprietary optic and optic rail.
irreplaceable and non-serviceable from Aimpoint without being original purchaser and they will be providing
ACROs as NANO replacements they won’t fit

proprietary weapon light which is probably the worst weapon light ever made (not you Olight) holster won’t work without it, irreplaceable

Yea its a great idea that needs to be redone by CZ or HK.

KhyberPass

Vaginal wart inspector
Kalash Klub Mod
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 14, 2019
Space
Yea its a great idea that needs to be redone by CZ or HK.
I 100% love the idea, and the actual execution of the gun, minus the bridge. For what it was made to be it was awesome. Felt good shot good hid up well I still love the concept and would love to see it revisited at least by B&T and supported.

the bridge comes off with 3 Allen keys on each side. Sell a fucking picTinny bridge for 250.00 and we’d buy it because it’s better then sucking dick for a used NANO

create a holster that houses TLR-1 and one tjsy houses x300 that’s good enough for options on lights

sell small parts

then I would buy another and SBR it

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
I 100% love the idea, and the actual execution of the gun, minus the bridge. For what it was made to be it was awesome. Felt good shot good hid up well I still love the concept and would love to see it revisited at least by B&T and supported.

the bridge comes off with 3 Allen keys on each side. Sell a fucking picTinny bridge for 250.00 and we’d buy it because it’s better then sucking dick for a used NANO

create a holster that houses TLR-1 and one tjsy houses x300 that’s good enough for options on lights

sell small parts

then I would buy another and SBR it

Yea I had a Glock with a Recover brace. It was fun. A little too short on the LOP but I still put a whole mag into a metal trashcan lid at 50yds as fast as I could pull the trigger.

Neat concept fo sho.

20200720_091148.jpg