Foreign Weapons and Obscure Builds V3

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Red Squirrel 556

Street Justice Department
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Sep 24, 2020
Fayette
Unfortunately, with the 669 you’re stuck with either the factory grips, or Pachmayr rubber grips that have steel inside them. Doesn’t fix the huge blocky feel, IMHO makes it worse.
Best way to fix that problem on a 669 is to shoot too much +P+ through it, crack the frame, and send it back to S&W to fix. If they still have any 6906 frames, they’ll swap it in and only charge you about what you already paid for the gun. But it’ll be really sweet afterwards!

Ask me how I know….

Or take em completely off and wrap it in hockey tape like I do everything else lol.

I carried USPs and P12s for most of my adult life and the boxy grips never bothered me.

Fast306stang

Black Bear under anesthesia
Site Supporter
Kalash Klub
Jul 1, 2015
Zip code
The door bevel is backwards.
Lemme ‘splain.

If you look at any other door, you’ll see that the side opposite the hinges is not exactly square This is so that when you’re closing the door, the edge that is going to be on the inside will seat against the trim without hitting as it goes by, but your outside edge doesn’t have a huge gap.
So to fix this you’ll need to get a door that’s beveled correctly, or set your saw for a 7° bevel (approximately) and recut the whole edge. But if you recut it, the door will be a bit small.
So you’ll want to add shims behind the hinge plates, which is a pain in the ass. Instead of hinge shims, I drive a small screw into the wood under the hinge plate. Back it out a hair.
Try the door fit.
Back the screw out another hair.
If you happen to strip the wood out of a screw hole, don’t worry. Use a couple toothpicks covered in wood glue, jammed into the hole. No need to wait for the glue to dry.

Good Luck!!!

Where were you last night???