Faktory 47

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
No one should put the word "Sniper" in the same sentence as "Barrett". None are accurate enough to be a Sniper rifle. We were issued the M82A1 when I was a Scout/Sniper in the Corps.....it was an anti-material rifle, as in LARGE material. The Brit SAS used them during Desert Storm to take out SCUD missile launchers They shot the armored control boxes, which were quite large, to disable the launchers.

The M107 is better, but still ain't there.

The M249 SAW is an outstanding light infantry weapon. Before I was a S/S I was a SAWgunner. Loved it. Didn't mind the weight, but 18lbs shouldn't be an issue for a 17-20YOA grunt. Rugged and extremely reliable, I had no issues with mine. Was 100% reliable with belts and mags, live ammo and blanks. Drug it through the mud of the Squad Leaders Course in NTA in Okinawa and ran perfectly during the test-fire at the end.

I notice that Marines commonly talk about what a great weapon the SAW is, while the Army dogs it. Makes me wonder why Big Green can't keep their SAW's running......

I didn't say they didn't run... Oil them, and they run pretty well. I know the saw is awkward to carry, I could never find a comfortable way to hump it. As a matter of fact, I liked humping the 60 better.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I usually humped mine like most of the '60gunners humped theirs; padded strap over the shoulder and across the body, gun tucked under the armpit.

Cleaning was a lot more involved than the M16A2, but the whole fireteam chipped in and helped clean the SAW. Make it quick n' easy.

First gunfight I was in one of our guys had a SAW. It made a big difference.