Fear and Firearms Values

Faktory 47

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
As we as firearms enthusiasts well know, fear of scarcity is a powerful motivator when it comes to making purchases. As far as creating sales, this is probably the most powerful factor in getting people to open their wallets and spend much more than they would have otherwise.

Proposed legislation along the line of what we experienced post-Sandy Hook was still not a sure thing, but enough people thought the legislation had legs, that we're still suffering the effects of panic buying.

Give this simple scenario some thought, and answer according to how you think you'd respond. I'm kind of curious how much we'd be willing to spend.

Ok, we know the Klin-Ton is extremely motivated to take on the NRA, and put her own mark on degrading the Constitutional rights of Americans. Let's assume that dirty old bitch is elected, and proposes legislation that's 100% sure to be passed into law. This Klin-Ton AWBII has no sunset clause, but does allow for the possession of grandfathered firearms and magazines.

Which firearm that would be affected by a ban are you really interested in, and what would you be willing to pay

List a firearm that's available now that you've been wanting, that would end up on the banned list. List today's street price and what you'd pay if it were going away in it's present configuration.

For me, it'd probably be an FN PS90.

Street price today $1200

If I had zero chance at buying one in the future....probably $2000.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I think I could sell a AR-15 to someone who didn't have one and buy my unicorn a M-76 in 8mm... I think they are going for $1200-$1300 at the moment, but if there was a AWB II, I dont think they would go up that much since they are not in huge demand.

M76.jpg

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I think I could sell a AR-15 to someone who didn't have one and buy my unicorn a M-76 in 8mm... I think they are going for $1200-$1300 at the moment, but if there was a AWB II, I dont think they would go up that much since they are not in huge demand.

View attachment 16036
But if you would be unable to walk into a store, or purchase from an online ffl, what would you be willing to shell out to get one?

In other words

M-76 8mm Street Price $1300

Price I'd pay. $????

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I can think of one that I'd love to have (and don't currently have), would likely get banned for the chillren, and is in what I'd call a relatively possible to purchase price range...

MP motherfucking 5, a real deal HK manufactured one, semi-auto of course. My problem here is the price... they're already kind of too expensive for what they are... But for sake of argument, my max price would be about $3500- and that had better include at least five 30 round magazines. And that's probably not enough money to cover the thing.

Reactions: Laufen

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
From a "need" standpoint assuming a new ban is the same as the old one.

Glock 17/34 no more than $600
M&P 15-22 $500
Lots and lots of mags

From a want standpoint

Tavor- if I had it I'd pay upwards of 3k
AK of some sort - maybe $1000

I have my AR and some mags, I plan on ordering some 15 and 17 round Glock mags this month. Been buying ammo each week and plan to continue.

If there is a new AWB like the last one and I can't get anything that holds more than 10 rounds then I'll switch to .45 for my full size pistol needs.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
From a "need" standpoint assuming a new ban is the same as the old one.

Glock 17/34 no more than $600
M&P 15-22 $500
Lots and lots of mags

From a want standpoint

Tavor- if I had it I'd pay upwards of 3k
AK of some sort - maybe $1000

I have my AR and some mags, I plan on ordering some 15 and 17 round Glock mags this month. Been buying ammo each week and plan to continue.

If there is a new AWB like the last one and I can't get anything that holds more than 10 rounds then I'll switch to .45 for my full size pistol needs.
Pistols with the magazine in the grip would be unaffected, it's mag size that would get neutered. I remember seeing G17 17rnd mags at gun shows for $150.

Reactions: dial1911

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Pistols with the magazine in the grip would be unaffected, it's mag size that would get neutered. I remember seeing G17 17rnd mags at gun shows for $150.

I just assume that the guns that use them and come with them would demand a premium as well at the beginning.

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
I just assume that the guns that use them and come with them would demand a premium as well at the beginning.

I have to remind myself that there are always people turning 18 (or 21) that will want particular guns... and plenty of complacent people that never got around to buying this or that... I think those groups would drive the demand (and price) of those more common "hi cap" guns up, at least initially.

Reactions: Laufen

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
I have to remind myself that there are always people turning 18 (or 21) that will want particular guns... and plenty of complacent people that never got around to buying this or that... I think those groups would drive the demand (and price) of those more common "hi cap" guns up, at least initially.
That's exactly right. There are constant new crops of people that are just dipping their toes into the world of gun ownership. Just like the rest of us, tastes, budgets, preferences etc change throughout the evolution of their relationship with firearms ownership.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Luckily nothing I want right now would be affected by an AWB. I have all the "high cap" weapons that I want right now. I'll just sit back in the shadows and acquire revolvers and lever guns at awesome prices like I did during the last panic.

Reactions: dial1911

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
But if you would be unable to walk into a store, or purchase from an online ffl, what would you be willing to shell out to get one?

In other words

M-76 8mm Street Price $1300

Price I'd pay. $????

They have dried up pretty much, so the only way you can get one is from the secondary market... But the most I'd pay for one is maybe $1600.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The other is a POF or Zenith MP5k.

Current street price is $1600

Willing to pay? They're already ridiculous for a stamped steel gun, but $2g's?