Do You Co-Witness

GA Firing Line

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I like idea of absolute with both irons and dot sighted in different. I wonder if the red dot far zero is at 200yd and the irons are set at 100 yd far zero would the red dot be a pumpkin on the post or irons at a 6 o'clock view with red on top. May have to look into that. Thanks for the help.

I would keep the standard BSZ for your irons, 300 yard FZ, and maybe a 100yard or 50/200 yard zero for the dot.

Reactions: Red Dawn

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Yes I'll be putting BUIS on an AR15 build.

Okay... Now the question is this rifle going to be a SHTF, combat type? A do you want a combat zero? ( a combat M4 zero is for 300 meters.) This zero is good for just about everything, I have found it is good for 50-300 meters, and I use it for 3 gun. And BTW I do both sights Irons and red dot, with a 300m zero.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Okay... Now the question is this rifle going to be a SHTF, combat type? A do you want a combat zero? ( a combat M4 zero is for 300 meters.) This zero is good for just about everything, I have found it is good for 50-300 meters, and I use it for 3 gun. And BTW I do both sights Irons and red dot, with a 300m zero.
I am trying to build a suppressed AR. I'm putting the WAR upper on an Aero lower and I'm trying to find a 14.5 barrel with the right mid length gas port to work with that upper. Put a SiCo brake and slap a can on it. Then I'll stick irons and a red dot on it. I'm pretty sure I'll be under 300 yds shooting this 1.

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
I am trying to build a suppressed AR. I'm putting the WAR upper on an Aero lower and I'm trying to find a 14.5 barrel with the right mid length gas port to work with that upper. Put a SiCo brake and slap a can on it. Then I'll stick irons and a red dot on it. I'm pretty sure I'll be under 300 yds shooting this 1.

How far you're shooting doesn't matter, it's about the ballistics of the round. image.jpeg

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code

Then I'm pretty sure you will need a 2 zeros, since a can will cause a shift ( I've only shot the 110 SASS with a can, and there was a shift of about 6 inches (at 300m) when we put the cans on after the open zero. Maybe do a 25m zero w/ the irons and 200, w/ the can, do a red dot zero of 200m??? IDK...
But what I can do is send you something that explains the reason behind the zero's its a handout I give when I teach the AR class. Shoot me a PM, if you want me to send you the hand out.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Then I'm pretty sure you will need a 2 zeros, since a can will cause a shift ( I've only shot the 110 SASS with a can, and there was a shift of about 6 inches (at 300m) when we put the cans on after the open zero. Maybe do a 25m zero w/ the irons and 200, w/ the can, do a red dot zero of 200m??? IDK...
But what I can do is send you something that explains the reason behind the zero's its a handout I give when I teach the AR class. Shoot me a PM, if you want me to send you the hand out.
I'll try to catch the class when it comes back up thanks @EugeneFJR

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
yes I'm working on it too. I wanted to get rifleman before I went maybe I should try to qualify for it there at the KD thanks guys.

It's easier to make rifleman at a KD, as long as you don't let shooting 400 yards mess with your mind.

One target, so no shifting targets so you don't keep having to reestablish NPOA, and you can take a few more seconds to get it right.

I'm a bigger proponent of BSZ after the last one I attended and shooting 46/50 multiple times and recognizing every dropped shot as it happened.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
If I can't make the 1 this weekend I'll try to go to the one in October

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
Tell Brian you'll take an orange hat when you qualify and they'll probably let you come to the instructor clinic if you're interested. I'll be glad to ask.
We had 2 take orange hats at the Macon event John was stoked about it. Is the instructor event in AL

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
We had 2 take orange hats at the Macon event John was stoked about it. Is the instructor event in AL

No, elberton. Farmhouse you can bunk in with showers or camp on site, but not me in the summer.

A true KD, not that sissy one where you don't even get tired and sweaty.

Red Dawn

Wolverines
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 12, 2015
H Town
Zip code
I was supposed to be there but the wife was in the hospital thurs to Saturday. It's fine now. It it sounded like I missed a good one.
Glad to hear she's better now. There was some good times there no doubt about it even after it was done. Some instructors made some really good shots at 100 yds with ARs. I'm really gonna think about the hat. I enjoy being there and learning for myself and I could one day help someone else get there. Thanks @freedom

freedom

Sniper
Mar 25, 2015
Covington, Ga
Zip code
Glad to hear she's better now. There was some good times there no doubt about it even after it was done. Some instructors made some really good shots at 100 yds with ARs. I'm really gonna think about the hat. I enjoy being there and learning for myself and I could one day help someone else get there. Thanks @freedom

At the last one for the boy scouts we had little explosive targets at 100 for the boys to hit, but most couldn't. I think they were 3 or 4". I took one shot standing, hit one, and didn't take another. Kyle turner did it first and I couldn't let it stand without an answer.

I also only took one shot because who knew if I'd do it again.