A big ole dog followed me home today!!!

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA
M

mukwah

Made a trip to academy today to check things out then something caught my eye, hopped in my car and came right home with me! A Taurus Tracker 44Mag!! I tried to shoo him off but he just would not go away, guess I'll keep him! At least that's what I'm gonna tell my wife if she finds out!! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! ( I'll post pics after I sneak him in when she goes to sleep) ;)

M

mukwah

Me either, just kept following me and I couldn't shake him! And here he is!
e4a8eqez.jpg
utavage9.jpg
za3uga8a.jpg

R

rayzer007

Congratulations Muk! Looks like a well made gun. Nice to have a large caliber revolver!

Ray

Tarheel

Hunter
...whoa...a dragon slayer...outstanding!

Now, what little firearm in your arsenal would you part with, no questions asked, if I don't tell your spouse about your recent acquisition...I have no ethics and can be bought given the right conditions...hint, hint... ;D.

Tarheel

M

mukwah

Thanks guys! I really liked the design on this thing, kinda Pythonish looking. Not a big fan of the "lit-up lettering though. Trying to figure a way to tone that down some. Any ideas?

lws380

Frontiersman
Mar 22, 2010
mukwah said:
Thanks guys! I really liked the design on this thing, kinda Pythonish looking. Not a big fan of the "lit-up lettering though. Trying to figure a way to tone that down some. Any ideas?

Let it rust and then do one of your great refinishing jobs on it!

R

rayzer007

I'm betting the big ole dog will have a big ole bark to it Muk! :D

Ray

M

mukwah

Re: Re: A big ole dog followed me home today!!!

lws380 said:
mukwah said:

Let it rust and then do one of your great refinishing jobs on it!
Allready thinking about that!!LOL

redmond

Woodsman
Jun 8, 2012
Western WA
mukwah said:

How about tactical black crayon? Works surprisingly well.

M

mukwah

Thought about the crayon, but afraid after a shooting session the barrel might heat up and melt it!

Tarheel

Hunter
...mukwah, I did something that is somewhat in reverse of your needs. My grandson wanted to highlight in white the etchings on his M&P 15-22 that I gave him last summer. I wasn't too hot on the idea, but, heck, it's his rifle. So, after a lot of begging I agreed to give it a try...having never done this before. Searching the Internet surfaced a vid that I considered perfect for the job. I followed this guy's instructions (he's really good) to the letter and the final result is as if it was factory applied. You might consider this approach, but use black nail polish, rather than white. Even if it dosen't match the bluing perfectly, the highlighting won't be so harsh. In fact, it would probably appear to be the factory method to slightly distinguish their logo and other info.

Glock 17C white engraving (inlay) How to

The alternative is to contact Taurus technical support and determine if they have any suggestions regarding removing the white inlay.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Tarheel

...btw, several of us have found nail polish to be pretty tough against normal chemicals used to clean our guns. The key is to use nothing that contains acetone that will attack the nail polish...

M

mukwah

That sounds like a pretty good idea! Think I'll give it a try. Thanks!