Econ Venezuelan Bolivar (their dollar sucks), bitcoin though...

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
so the Bolivar just plunged (and I mean even more). Venezuela is on the verge of civil war. but, people still need food and what not, and their is still an economy. evidently, bitcoin is being used this time around instead of US dollars or euros or some other currency like they have in the past

I use to think bitcoin was more gimmicky than anything; but I bet you the next time a country is about to economically suicide itself that many of the people will turn to bitcoin for their financing needs.

I base this for 3 reasons

1) bitcoin is not a backed currency by any government; making it relatively hard to track
2) and 3) are related, in that it is a digital currency and is not tangible. this makes it easy to carry and easy to smuggle in

new rules apply :)

Reactions: dial1911

Thenut

Frontiersman
Trusted Trader
Sep 10, 2015
dat atl
ohhhh, bitcoin is up to around 3200 bucks per. last year they were hovering around 1200 I think

chance

Tracker
Jul 15, 2015
Ga
Zip code
I knew i should have bought a bunch when it tanked a few weeks ago. Its at an all time high right now

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
so the Bolivar just plunged (and I mean even more). Venezuela is on the verge of civil war. but, people still need food and what not, and their is still an economy. evidently, bitcoin is being used this time around instead of US dollars or euros or some other currency like they have in the past

I use to think bitcoin was more gimmicky than anything; but I bet you the next time a country is about to economically suicide itself that many of the people will turn to bitcoin for their financing needs.

I base this for 3 reasons

1) bitcoin is not a backed currency by any government; making it relatively hard to track
2) and 3) are related, in that it is a digital currency and is not tangible. this makes it easy to carry and easy to smuggle in

new rules apply :)

I can agree with those reasons, and the general premise. I've never given the electronic currency much thought... however, in the case of Venezuela, you need steady electricity and internet for electronic currency to work.