Teach me about reloading..

Faktory 47

Dirtbike

NRA Life Member (Everybody should be!)
Feb 3, 2016
And this is why I've been looking at each spent round before I put them in my box to be loaded, when I shot the round I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary but it's got a pretty big split down the side View attachment 925

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
Had one of those days when the little blue catch bin just wasn't gonna cut it lol, took a little under 4 hours Sunday Night but I got my rounds set for the rest of the month and maybe a week into June

2700+ rds 9mm 147 gr plated bullets 3.2gr titegroup CCI 500 primers

View attachment 1061 View attachment 1062

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
All depends on your price range, can start out with an RCBS rock chucked pretty reasonable or go over to a Dillon , any particular price range you're looking at? , I can tell you this it gets very addictive lol

DTF23

Hunter
Jan 30, 2016
How much cheaper is reloading over buying factory loads? What all do I need to get started reloading? I'm assuming all it takes is

1. A Reloading machine like that Dillon one

2. Gun powder

3. empty casing (do i need to tumble them, or should i just buy them already tumbled?)

4. The actual bullet, where do I find these at?

after I have that understanding down, I guess I have a bunch more questions. Such as how do I know how much powder to put in each round, etc.

Never reloaded but if I can save money im all for it.

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
Good reloading manual and stay reading, yes powder and bullets, I've been using everglades ammo but if you google there are plenty of places, brass is of course reusable so at some point of your using new brass when you go to reload it'll need cleaned, start reading through this thread from the beginning, belive it or not it's what got me started on this addictive path lol, I'm loading 9mm for around 8-9 cents a round depending on how many thousands of bullets and what discounts there are at any given time

Dirtbike

Feb 3, 2016
All of the info is here, feel free to ask as many questions as need be boss,