Chamfering cases

Southeast Traders Apparel Swag Store
R

rayzer007

Rich you're the busiest guy I've ever seen (even more remarkable with your age)! I can't imagine you've ever been bored! I love to watch your videos - you're a mastercraftsman and extremely interesting! When we say we'd like to be your neighbor, we really mean it! 8)

Ray

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
I like that idea, Rich. Unfortunately, my little lathe is usually on a shelf and not set up on my bench.

Because I don't have a lathe that's set up all the time, I typically use my battery-powered Dewalt drills for that sort of duty. The down side is I need one hand to pull the drill's trigger.

D

Denny4kids

I must give my opinion on this! This is the most unsafe use of a lathe that I have ever seen. Pushing your hand towards a spinning lathe spindle inches away? Hundreds of times? With no gloves or decent safety glasses? I am just talking about what I saw on the video and am not judging the operator. Dennis.

RICHGCOOP

Marksman
Mar 7, 2010
CANTON, OHIO
Zip code
Danny. After working in a bearing Factory making 24 inch bearings running a 50 horsepower lathe my lathe semes like a toy. LOL

RICHGCOOP

DROID3 - Tap talk

D

Denny4kids

RICHGCOOP said:
Danny. After working in a bearing Factory making 24 inch bearings running a 50 horsepower lathe my lathe semes like a toy. LOL

Rich I know what you mean. Most likely all that would happen is you would have to look around the shop to find your shell holder.
Your video reminded me of a shop accident (not with a lathe) That myself and a few others will never forget. What I really meant to say is that when operating any power tool we should think and be prepared for what would happen if we slip. Den