The Serbian's get it!

American Revival Apparel Company

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
We probably won't be able to import them at all by next year if Hillary wins. I can't get excited about anything these days with uncertainty looming over us.

Reactions: Jake

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
I actually really like the charging system on the AK, it's one of my favorite parts of them. There is something satisfying to me about reaching over the top of it and yanking the charging handle back and letting it slam forward. I know it's not the most ergonomic but I love it.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
The safety and the charging handle are on the wrong side, and it looks like a blind kid that likes Tapco designed it.

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I dig it....finally a full length and solid top rail

Wallace

Tracker
Trusted Trader
Mar 26, 2015
Cartersville
Zip code
Yeah, boring...

Why not just get a Galil if you want better ergonomics on an AK based rifle and possibly one on 308?

People continue to try and improve these AK-ish based platforms but fail on doing much to them to warrant the crazy prices they get listed for.

My only like on this is the rail. Finally, what looks like a sturdy replacement for the crap AK sights.

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Yeah, boring...

Why not just get a Galil if you want better ergonomics on an AK based rifle and possibly one on 308?

People continue to try and improve these AK-ish based platforms but fail on doing much to them to warrant the crazy prices they get listed for.

My only like on this is the rail. Finally, what looks like a sturdy replacement for the crap AK sights.
LoL, do you know how expensive Galils in 308 are?

The Serbian M77PS 308 were $550.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Yall are crazy as hell. That is one sexy rifle. I guess the rail and that folding stock is really what does it for me.

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
I like it. Sensible changes/upgrades without going crazy.

They kept the safety and charging handle on the same side it's always been. I would assume this is to make transitioning from the older AK-variants easy......manual of arms is the same.

The Soviets liked the trigger finger being used for the safety.....keeps those fumbly conscripts' trigger fingers away from the trigger when manipulating the weapon. Same with the charging handle. Most folks are right-handed. Guess what happens when the selector is on full-auto and the recruit is holding the trigger back with his right hand while chambering a round with his left hand? Rock n' roll time! I've seen it happen in third world countries with other weapon systems. Saw this exact thing happen in Africa; quite a sight when the weapon is an FN FAL and the guy loading and chambering that 20rd box magof 7.62x51mm weighs about 130lbs!

I'm not saying I agree with any of this, but it's the main reason why the Soviets designed stuff the way they did, and didn't change it since its inception in 1947.

Me, I would prefer an ambi-safety and a left-side charging handle for my personal use, but there is a method to their madness.

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I like it. Sensible changes/upgrades without going crazy.

They kept the safety and charging handle on the same side it's always been. I would assume this is to make transitioning from the older AK-variants easy......manual of arms is the same.

The Soviets liked the trigger finger being used for the safety.....keeps those fumbly conscripts' trigger fingers away from the trigger when manipulating the weapon. Same with the charging handle. Most folks are right-handed. Guess what happens when the selector is on full-auto and the recruit is holding the trigger back with his right hand while chambering a round with his left hand? Rock n' roll time! I've seen it happen in third world countries with other weapon systems. Saw this exact thing happen in Africa; quite a sight when the weapon is an FN FAL and the guy loading and chambering that 20rd box magof 7.62x51mm weighs about 130lbs!

I'm not saying I agree with any of this, but it's the main reason why the Soviets designed stuff the way they did, and didn't change it since its inception in 1947.

Me, I would prefer an ambi-safety and a left-side charging handle for my personal use, but there is a method to their madness.

I agree, I think they made the right changes where it counts but didn't get too carried away with it. That makes sense on why the charging handle and safety selector are on the ejection side. I guess I never really put too much thought on why it's like that. I too would prefer an ambi safety selector and left side CH but it's not really a big deal. That safety selector looks a lot easier to use than a standard AK safety selector (without upgrading to a Krebs or similar).