The Saint

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

Murf315

Scout
Feb 18, 2017
West Virginia
Zip code
Hey y'all. Recently bought Springfields new AR and just sent 200 rounds out of it to break it in. I gotta give it to Springfield to step in the ring and put an AR on the market. I own three XDs and their TRP 1911 and for a lower end AR I'm impressed for what you get out of the box. Of course like any other manufactured AR there are a few things I would change like the damn bird cage front sight but all in all I like it so far. Just curious as to other owners how they like their Saint? Anyone done anything to their Saint that made it better for just a plinking rifle?

Reactions: shootin4fun

DMR

CZ Fan
Jun 4, 2015
Snellville
Zip code
Bird Cage front sight?
Innovationman, man. Never seen a birdcage sight? You just mount a birdcage, and voila, you can peep through that, but in case your muzzle device breaks, you can just remove the bird cage and install it in case of emergency.

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
Bird Cage front sight?

It's what a lot of people call the A2 flash supp. I'm sure that is what he meant to say...

As far as the Springer. AR rifle, I got to honest, I think they came into AR game 10 years too late... Esp. now that it's a buyers market, and AR's are going to be dirt cheep for awhile. I don't think they will sell many, and prob. quit making them altogether when they see how long they stay on the shelves at retail. I think it's a decent entry level rifle, but the market is flooded with them at the moment.

Reactions: AtlMedic

Murf315

Scout
Feb 18, 2017
West Virginia
Zip code
It's not a bad AR to me. I mean there's so many manufacturers now a days and everyone has their favorite but I like the fact that Springfield jumped in ring. And like I said, for a lower end AR it isn't bad. When you compare it to S&W, DPMS, etc... I think Springfield did it right. The heavy buffer tube with all of the bravo company furnishing is nice to get it right out of the box. I mean it's no DD V7 pro but the old dog can hunt for being $900

Reactions: Righter13

fyroc

Developer
Mar 25, 2015
Philadelphia
Zip code
Why buy an overpriced AR when you can build one with higher quality parts for cheaper? Other than mil clones I never understood the desire of having and full AR from a manufacturer if you already are familiar with ARs.

Reactions: Rwjeter and Murf315

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
I like the looks of the Saint. I haven't handled one in person, I would be interested to shoot one. I do think $900 might be a bit much. The M&P sport everyone looks down their nose at is a damn fine rifle, and can be had significantly cheaper.

Reactions: Murf315

Murf315

Scout
Feb 18, 2017
West Virginia
Zip code
I like the looks of the Saint. I haven't handled one in person, I would be interested to shoot one. I do think $900 might be a bit much. The M&P sport everyone looks down their nose at is a damn fine rifle, and can be had significantly cheaper.

It's pricey for what it is but it handles nice.the heavy buffer tube calms the recoil down a bit,the bravo company furnishing is comfortable,the hand guard is slimmer and a lot nicer to hold onto. Like I said, it's no competition grade rifle and yes people love building ARs but you can build rifles with milspec parts and by the time you are done it's pretty much the same price if not more.of course people build them cheaper but it has lower end parts. I can't complain with it. I've handled different manufacturered ARs and I love the Saint

cmshoot

Marksman
Jul 12, 2016
Dallas, GA
Zip code
The 2 stores I've talked to that stock The Saint said they're selling very well. One can't keep them in stock.

Rwjeter

Space Force General Freeze.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
Temple
Zip code
The 2 stores I've talked to that stock The Saint said they're selling very well. One can't keep them in stock.
I can understand why. I think they're the only "entry level" AR that's coming with a mid length gas system. Plus the BCM gunfighter furniture is nicer than MOE In my opinion.

Reactions: Murf315