Bob Munden

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I cannot confirm this yet, but it appears Bob Munden has passed away. Certainly one of the greatest shooters of all time. RIP Bob.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
I may start a new thread of favorite Bob Munden shots. It would be hard to pick one, but shooting the upside down snubbie hundreds of yards would be way up there for me. It is hard to believe that a guy can be able to shoot with amazing speed or slow it down about a half a notch and shoot with insane accuracy. I am surprised he did not die from lead poisening because if you ever got close enough to see him.......his hands were black.

SkipD

Helper-outer
Jun 8, 2012
Southeast Wisconsin
Zip code
Surprisingly, I don't recall hearing about Bob before. It sounds like he was really amazing, though, and I'll definitely be catching up with reading about him before long.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
You will be amazed Skip. Look him up on YouTube. He shoots two balloons with a single action revolver so fast that it sounds like one shot. His act was to appear really cocky and arrogant, but he was actually a really great guy, family man, and promoted "clean living". One of a kind. I could go on and on about his shooting ability but here are a few things he did.

* Had a quarter held in place with a wire (like a football being held for a kicker) and then shot the edge of it so that it would spin without falling off a table.

* Shot the edge of a C.D. so it would spin like a record hard enough to cut a banana in half.

* Shot the edge of a key in a pad lock so it would unlock the lock.

* Would swing an object on a string like a pendulem and then shoot the string.

* He could throw playing cards in the air and shoot the edge all day long without a miss.

These were all things he was doing well into his later years. One of a kind. I will miss seeing Bob Munden and his incredible shooting.

bigdogdaddy

Tracker
Sep 16, 2012
Indiana
Apparently Bob had been treated for a mild heart attack. He was being driven home by his wife and he began to have chest pains again. Apparently he died from a second heart attack. My favorite shooter of all time has passed away. He will be missed by many people, not just for his shooting skills, but for being a high quality human being.