ATI's new 1911

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
polymer lower, the slide cut to accept Glock sights, and the slide will be milled to accept red dots.
ATI also discussed their “crown jewel,” a 100% made-in-South-Carolina 1911 with a polymer frame and a 416 steel slide and barrel. The first model will use the Government 5” length, with Commander-sized 4.25″ and subcompact 3” models on the way. All parts will be interchangeable with regular 1911 except the ATI 1911 will accept Glock sights – an innovative addition. MSRP will be “under $700.” At 1.6lbs, ATI is claiming that this is the lightest 5” 1911 ever made. Their first prototype has over 5000 rounds through it right now without experiencing any issues. The slide will be pre-cut to add mini red dot optics.
BA-61-660x496.jpg

ATI is also releasing a glock mag AR15 lower.
ATI also showed off an aluminum receiver Glock-mag-fed 9mm AR in 16” carbine and 5.5” pistol lengths. These will have a $779-$799 MSRP, which includes a free-float KeyMod handguard, They estimate shipping the first of these guns before the year is out.

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
And it fires a 110+ year old cartridge. It looks pretty slick, but damn I'd sure like to see some new guns chambered in higher performance rounds. We have 10mm, .38 Super, 9x23 Win just sitting around waiting to be adopted as a significant upgrade to the "ol standbys".

There doesn't seem to be a shortage of innovation when it comes to new platforms, this gun is proof of that, but when it comes to choosing which engine to stuff under the hood, we continuously get saddled with the same old crap...or we get a 45 GAP or some 327 Ruger middle of the road compromise. .357 Sig is probably the closest attempt recently, at least for a full power round. Cor-Bon has made an effort by emulating 10mm ballistics with the 400 Cor-Bon, but it hasn't been adopted very widely.

If you had a magic wand and could make the 9x23 winchester as popular and ubiquitous as 9mm, would you? I sure would. I'd love a VP9 and Scorpion in 9x23 Win with cheap, plentiful ammo, who wouldn't? The only downside would be the ability to suppress it..otherwise, win win.
Anyway, back to the thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shemp

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
And it fires a 110+ year old cartridge. It looks pretty slick, but damn I'd sure like to see some new guns chambered in higher performance rounds. We have 10mm, .38 Super, 9x23 Win just sitting around waiting to be adopted as a significant upgrade to the "ol standbys".

There doesn't seem to be a shortage of innovation when it comes to new platforms, this gun is proof of that, but when it comes to choosing which engine to stuff under the hood, we continuously get saddled with the same old crap...or we get a 45 GAP or some 327 Ruger middle of the road compromise. .357 Sig is probably the closest attempt recently, at least for a full power round. Cor-Bon has made an effort by emulating 10mm ballistics with the 400 Cor-Bon, but it hasn't been adopted very widely.

If you had a magic wand and could make the 9x23 winchester as popular and ubiquitous as 9mm, would you? I sure would. I'd love a VP9 and Scorpion in 9x23 Win with cheap, plentiful ammo, who wouldn't? The only downside would be the ability to suppress it..otherwise, win win.
Anyway, back to the thread.
40 super > 400 Corbon

Screamer rounds are nice but offer only limits additional application for civilians.

I would really like to see 22tcm catch on as it has a similar OAL to 45acp.

Reactions: Shemp

Laufen

Beloved flaming retard
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
40 super > 400 Corbon

Screamer rounds are nice but offer only limits additional application for civilians.

I would really like to see 22tcm catch on as it has a similar OAL to 45acp.
The extra case capacity could allow for the use of heavier bullets though. As a civilian, there aren't many types of threats or applications that le wouldn't encounter. Also, I love hunting with those rounds, and an extra 200 fps here and there doesn't hurt.

PewPewPewCo

Sniper
Mar 23, 2015
Georgia
The extra case capacity could allow for the use of heavier bullets though. As a civilian, there aren't many types of threats or applications that le wouldn't encounter. Also, I love hunting with those rounds, and an extra 200 fps here and there doesn't hurt.
yea. I'm just saying that things like the 357 sig don't get that much more amazing terminal ballistics, but their extra speed work well for shooting through things like windshields. I think a civilian is much less likely to be shooting through a windshield than an officer, but its still nice to know you're gun is better suited for it.

Reactions: Laufen

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
I like 45 super. I wish it was more popular.....

And 22 tcm...

And 9x23.

Reactions: Laufen

Shemp

Boomerwaffen Fuddmander
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Tesseract
Zip code
Part of the reason why I keep my old HK USP 45 around is because it can handle 45 super. I just can't find any ammo locally to keep a home defense mag loaded with it.