What have you bought, sold or traded in the past few days?

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Like I said - it's a police state. Practically the Massachusetts of the South.
Meh, I wouldn't go that far. There's no magazine capacity limits, and you don't have to have "featureless" AR's and such. You are not allowed to have "Teflon coated bullets" but you can have pretty much anything else, including hollow points.

Reactions: Grunk

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Meh, I wouldn't go that far. There's no magazine capacity limits, and you don't have to have "featureless" AR's and such. You are not allowed to have "Teflon coated bullets" but you can have pretty much anything else, including hollow points.
Still way worse than when I was growing up there. Back then, it was gun racks in every truck window & lots of farmers always had a revolver on their hip in the fields & in town. When I go back, it doesn't even seem like the same place.

Reactions: I.D.-ten-T and Jake

DaBlock

Frontiersman
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 31, 2015
Raleigh, NC
Zip code
Still way worse than when I was growing up there. Back then, it was gun racks in every truck window & lots of farmers always had a revolver on their hip in the fields & in town. When I go back, it doesn't even seem like the same place.
Live here now and yep it is weird as stated, but the quality of life in Raleigh is heads and shoulders above metro Atlanta. :)

I've got access to (two) 1,000 yard ranges within an hour, 550yrd/multiple pistol pits within 30, and like 5 good ranges. It's pretty nice.

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Live here now and yep it is weird as stated, but the quality of life in Raleigh is heads and shoulders above metro Atlanta. :)

I've got access to (two) 1,000 yard ranges within an hour, 550yrd/multiple pistol pits within 30, and like 5 good ranges. It's pretty nice.
But you've got to admit, Atlanta is a pretty damn low bar. :pound:

Reactions: Jake
Apr 10, 2016
Gwinnett
Zip code
I
NC has some weird ass gun laws. We used to have a beach house on Topsail Island in North Carolina and every time I went up there I had to brush up on their laws. Open carry is legal there without a permit for 18-year-old's and up but there are specific places that you can't carry or if your open carrying creates a disturbance you can be charged with trespassing and every county and even city has different rules for OC. Even though they have legal open carry you have to have a permit to CC(and it's 21 and up unlike OC). To buy a handgun in NC, from a dealer or an individual, you have to have a pistol purchase permit that you have to apply for.
I miss living up there.

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
I miss living up there.
I don't know about living there, but I sure do miss our beach house. I don't miss having it this time of year though and having to worry about hurricane damage. Back in '99 hurricane Floyd fucked that island up but luckily we had only minor damages. The house next door was completely ruined.

Reactions: Grunk

I.D.-ten-T

Funnier on the Internet than in real life
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code

I recall about 12 years ago I had to go up to R/D several times to set up security on a site, train guards, etc. pretty much the only place to have breakfast other than Waffle House was a Denny’s. I always thought it was weird there weren’t any other choices.
It was a helluva long drive towing a trailer, but the scenery was nice.