Thread for posting things nobody cares about...

I.D.-ten-T

Funnier on the Internet than in real life
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
I took my daughter this morning to meet my dad for breakfast like we do every Sunday at the same restaurant and apparently my dad has a secret admirer. She left this under his windshield wiper...

View attachment 54658

Go on and shoot your shot then Mary Ann. :pound:
...OR....She's a hooker trying to get started in a new town...

• Haha
Reactions: dial1911 and Grunk

I.D.-ten-T

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
My googlefu sucked. Doesn’t matter though, the pistol has already been returned. Anyone need 5 boxes of 32ACP?
I can use them.. Got a Ruby pistol from WWi and 2 .32 Kel-Tec mouseguns.

Why'd you return the 81?

I.D.-ten-T

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
Not a huge bourbon/whiskey drinker, I like beer, but every once and then I like a crown and ginger ale. Actually had a crown and ginger beer in Panama City, was delicious.

Also like jack fire, but I know we have sorta boycotted them.
Wait, WHAT??? We're boycotting Jack Daniels?

What happened? I buy that stuff all the time (well, every 6-8 weeks or so)

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
The hand select arrived missing the rear sight and a grip screw.
Talked to an old friend of mine who lives near there in NC. He says "hand select" is really nothing. I know @Jake said somebody told him they pull 10 & choose the best of those. My friend says on mil-surp rifles they don't even do that. They'll get in lots of crates of say SKS. They open one & "hand-select" is the best one on whatever row they are down to in the crate. Not only do they not pull them all out and at least look for the best in a particular crate, they don't remove any of the cosmoline (or whatever they're using these days). So, if the crates are packed 6 rows deep & 10 rifles wide & you order hand select when they are down to the 4th row with 3 of those having been sold, they pick the "best looking" grease coated rifle out of the remaining 7. About as close to a scam as anything I can think of. I'm probably lucky I was broke when they had the Chinese SKS rifles, cuz I really wanted one.

Reactions: georgia357

I.D.-ten-T

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
So, the Boy who doesn't care much about guns (my son, 16yrs old) actually ASKED me if I wanted to go to the range yesterday.

Of course, the answer was a quiet "HELL YES!!!" So I loaded up about half a dozen pistols, including my only remaining .45, a couple ARs, my .22 conversion kit, and my old crappy "tacticool" 10/22 with its 3-9x32 scope and telescoping/folding stock. Also my new .300BO upper for the AR pistol.

Got to the range, and he actually enjoyed it! We stayed for 2.5 hours while he worked on his flinch, did dry-fire drills with one of my 1911s, and he finally felt like he could handle himself fairly well.
It was awesome to see him finally understand what I was all about.

So then we played a game of "Battleship". I had 20 rnds of 9mm left, so I told him I'd shoot with my weak hand using a 5" 1911 at 30 feet, while he used the scoped 10/22 at same distance. Only hits that touched the RED counted. One shot per turn. Below are the results: Larger holes are mine, top half of the target. Last shot was the ‘mine’ in the middle.422559A1-0F62-4F18-A0AB-DA009470B930.jpeg

If you count the holes, you'll notice that I ran out of 9mm ammo, which is why there are a string of holes in the Carrier on the target 2nd from right.
I had to switch to my AR pistol, so I used the .300BO upper that I hadn't sighted in yet. Those 4 shots were me getting it on target and then using "Kentucky Windage" for the final target in the middle.

The one .22 hole up top in the blue was his first test-shot to make sure he had good point-of-aim with the rifle, since he hadn't used it before. He was satisfied...

Last edited:

karlvv

Legend
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
If the Braves and Yankees go to the world series Im gonna act a fool and drop about 3k for the best tickets eva. Go fuckin braves. Yanks got this shit.

Grainchaser

Woodsman
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
Anybody know any chemicals that will get tar out of paint and not eat through the paint or the clear coat? Riding down the interstate yesterday on my way home from a trade a fucking flatbed had some piece of equipment on it that was leaking tar and it blew all over my car before I could get over out from behind it.

@Willy Leadwell @1776 @SouthernSlammed any of y'all have any ideas?
When I was a young buck working at a Mercedes dealership, we used mineral spirits to remove tar, rustproofing and whatnot from cars. Appeared to have no effect on the finish.

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
Well, no shit- a Horrible Freight tool that doesn't quite work right...

If they start having to issue refunds for all the crap they've sold that hurt someone, they'll go broke!

Reactions: 1776 and Jake

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Well, no shit- a Horrible Freight tool that doesn't quite work right...

If they start having to issue refunds for all the crap they've sold that hurt someone, they'll go broke!
Shit, for a $5 knife made in China, whaddya expect???

Why not put warning labels on these types of products like they do cigarettes and alcohol??

"Warning: this knife poses a laceration hazard. Handle with caution."

Shit, even better, just apply to firearms and end all the anti-2A madness!!!

"Warning: this product does not kill people. People kill people sometimes while using this product. Use at your own risk."

Alcohol and tobacco still more people per year than firearms do. Yes, that includes drunk driving. If warning labels worked for thes products, there is no reason for it not to work for firearms!!!

Matt Ellerbee

i May be used, but baby I ain’t used up.
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Canton
Zip code

Reactions: Grunk

Grunk

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code

besides, there is much better whiskey for the money.

I.D.-ten-T

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
besides, there is much better whiskey for the money.
Such as?
I like the sugar maple flavor, and Coke just isn’t worth drinking without some Jack in it.

But if you’ve got better alternatives, I’m all ears!!

And I was lucky enough to have gotten one of those shirts...54843
Thanks again @dougiemac !!

Reactions: dial1911

Grunk

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Such as?
I like the sugar maple flavor, and Coke just isn’t worth drinking without some Jack in it.

But if you’ve got better alternatives, I’m all ears!!

And I was lucky enough to have gotten one of those shirts...View attachment 54843
Thanks again @dougiemac !!
Off the top of my head & since you're mixing (I'll give it a little more thought at some point I'm not preparing medicines) All JMO, of course:

for the same price: Larceny 90 proof or Maker's Mark (at least at Tower it's the same price)
larceny-straight-bourbon__.jpg 54849

Within 5%: Buffalo Trace
buffalo-trace-1-75_.jpg

Within 10%: Elijah Craig Small Batch

I.D.-ten-T

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
Off the top of my head & since you're mixing (I'll give it a little more thought at some point I'm not preparing medicines) All JMO, of course:

for the same price: Larceny 90 proof or Maker's Mark (at least at Tower it's the same price)
View attachment 54844 View attachment 54849

Within 5%: Buffalo Trace
View attachment 54845

Within 10%: Elijah Craig Small Batch
View attachment 54848
Got some Larceny in the cabinet, along with:
Eagle Rare, Stolen Whiskey 11 yr, Hilly Billy, Four Roses Single Barrel, Coopers Select, Cleveland Black reserve, Basil Hayden, Clyde Mays, Knob Creek small batch 100 and single barrel reserve 120, some Lot 40 Canadian rye, and some Collinwood 21yr Canadian rye. Oh, plus a bottle of JD unaged Tennessee Rye.
That’s just the whiskey.
Most of those don’t get made into mixed drinks, that’s what the Cooper’s and HillyBilly and maybe Larceny are for.

Haven’t had Makers Mark around since they started watering it down.

Of all of those, I’d say the Clyde Mays is probably my favorite to sip neat.

Grunk

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
I think Larceny is a great mixing bourbon. Buffalo Trace is too, but the price has really jumped in the last couple of years. I used to buy it regularly at about $32 a half gallon. At $40, it's not worth it to me. All the others you have are best left unmixed, IMO. The sleeper for me is the Elijah Craig Small Batch. It's nothing special at it's "regular price of $49 a half gallon, but I find it on sale for the same price as JD regularly. Don't know how long that will last.

I.D.-ten-T

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
I think Larceny is a great mixing bourbon. Buffalo Trace is too, but the price has really jumped in the last couple of years. I used to buy it regularly at about $32 a half gallon. At $40, it's not worth it to me. All the others you have are best left unmixed, IMO. The sleeper for me is the Elijah Craig Small Batch. It's nothing special at it's "regular price of $49 a half gallon, but I find it on sale for the same price as JD regularly. Don't know how long that will last.
I shall look into the Elijah Craig.
And just FYI, I have that many open because I pick what I want by smelling them and having a bit of whichever smells best on a given day - but typically not on consecutive days, and most often not during the week. I’m too old to have more than one or two without suffering the next day.

If I were into spending REAL money on these, I’d get some WhistlePig rye. That stuff is delicious. And $75/bottle when you find a good deal.

Grunk

Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
Oh, I didn't even get into the stuff I drank when I had money. As you can imagine, since I drink it neat. I'm sure the prices are truly insane these days since bourbon is popular with the masses right now.

I.D.-ten-T

Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 5, 2016
Now here
Zip code
They only did that for a short period of time. They went back to the traditional 90 proof because people pitched such a fit about it.
Well, good. Clearly I keep a VERY sharp eye on events that happen around me but outside of my actual eyesight...

Reactions: Grunk

dial1911

Mouse hunter
Jul 15, 2015
Central Hades
Zip code
And speaking of forgotten news topics, if you really believed the media hype:

1. We should probably be at war with Iran right now.
2. Venezuela would have fully imploded and people would have resorted to eating each other by now.
3. The rain forests in South America should be sponsored by Kingsford now and left a smoldering pile of ash.
4. The yellow vests in France should have overtaken the government and burned buildings at this point.
5. England's economy should have been in free fall due to Brexit... including millions of Britons fleeing to better lives abroad.
6. Hong Kong should have been invaded by the PLA by now... like no shit invaded, not just generally pushed a little bit.
7. Julian Assange should.... well, fuck that guy.
8. The USA should have reached a tipping point where we are 51% illegal immigrants at this point, thereby throwing off the results of all future elections.
9. Iphones should cost like a million dollars because of Chinese trade crap (not that far off).
10. All the midwest farmers should have lost their farms because of Chinese imports being basically ceased.
11. North Korea should probably have blown some other country up at this point.
12. ...

There have got to be more recently forgotten "OH MY GOD WHAT DO WE DO" media hype crap that I'm forgetting. Feel free to quote and add to the list.

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Picked up a truck today from Budget. They asked me if I wanted a Ram 1500 Warlock or a 2500 Power Wagon....ummmmmm...Power Wagon, duh!

20191009_164848.jpg

Factory front and rear lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect, Warn winch(of course they make it to where you can't use the winch though). It's a gasser but this thing hauls ass, especially for being 8,500lb.

20191009_165106.jpg

Best of all, it actually has a real shifter for the 4wd instead of a push button.
20191009_165116.jpg