Tape Measures... What's your pick?

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Looking for everyone's favorite tape measure... I've been using Stanley Fatmax 25' tapes for years. Now the two I use at work are basically toast and it's time for a replacement.

My only issue with the Fatmax tapes is that they're kind of heavy. If there were something lighter out there with an equivalent standout (about 11 feet on the ones I use), I'd definitely give them a try.

Post your opinions please...

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
I always had good luck with Lufkin. They (at least used to) label them as having at least a 10 ft standout. But I haven't bought one in over a decade, so I have no experience with current models.

Reactions: dial1911

Willy Leadwell

Purveyor of Polyurethane
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2015
Loganville, GA
Zip code
I lose them so I buy whatever is cheap. I’ve got some of the Milwaukee ones from Home Depot that I like, but then again if it measures I will like it cause that’s all I need it to do.

AtlMedic

Not A Doctor
Mar 25, 2015
Smyrna, GA
Zip code
Fastcap. Most accurate compared to other brands. Also has a handy pencil sharpener built in and a place to write your measurements on the tape measure. They have sever different tape styles and they have one that’s flat so it will lay flat on a pice if wood. I have three different fast cap tapes and won’t buy any other brands from now on.

https://www.fastcap.com/products/tape-measures

They sell them on their website, at Rockler, and amazon.

Reactions: dial1911