need suggestions on an ABC watch

GA Firing Line

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
ok, I have decided that for christmas when people ask me what I want, it will be an ABC Watch.

I need some opinions on them.

like what do you have? why do you like it? what do you wish you have?

I have been contemplating between the LAD Weather watch

and a suunto core all black.

if any one has used then I want you options as well.

Cudruln

Turning dollars into pennies.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I have really enjoyed my g shock. It has functioned great, solar powered battery charger and easy to operate. A definite must to compare to.

Reactions: dial1911

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I have really enjoyed my g shock. It has functioned great, solar powered battery charger and easy to operate. A definite must to compare to.
g-shocks would be a great option, if the face was laid out differently. I am not a fan of its "compartments." I am a fan of the solar though. huge fan of the solar.

i would love it if i could find a watch that was like an eco drive, hard use, and have the features of the lad weather watch.

Reactions: dial1911

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
g-shocks would be a great option, if the face was laid out differently. I am not a fan of its "compartments." I am a fan of the solar though. huge fan of the solar.

i would love it if i could find a watch that was like an eco drive, hard use, and have the features of the lad weather watch.
Mines not to bad on compartments. The solar was the big seller for me.

Good luck with that wish.

20191007_213704.jpg

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
Mines not to bad on compartments. The solar was the big seller for me.

Good luck with that wish.

View attachment 54842
I like what you are throwing down.

too small of an interface for how much the bezel is. it looks disproportionate to me. that is my only criticism of gshocks. other wise I feel those would be what I am after, and I can close up shop on this thread.

Reactions: Cudruln

Cudruln

Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
I like what you are throwing down.

too small of an interface for how much the bezel is. it looks disproportionate to me. that is my only criticism of gshocks. other wise I feel those would be what I am after, and I can close up shop on this thread.
I feel they designed the bezel so large to help with ruggedness. It's not terrible in person. I have enjoyed mine, with no issues.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
ok, I have decided that for christmas when people ask me what I want, it will be an ABC Watch.

I need some opinions on them.

like what do you have? why do you like it? what do you wish you have?

I have been contemplating between the LAD Weather watch

and a suunto core all black.

if any one has used then I want you options as well.

I like some of the features on the LAD watches, but for a basic ABC watch the Casio ProTrek series is hard to beat.

Casio Pro Trek on Amazon

My only ABC watch is an older Casio PAW1100T. It's large at 52mm, but it's made of titanium and plastic - very lightweight.

uploadfromtaptalk1555593433156.jpg

Reactions: madHatter and Grunk

madHatter

Marksman
Mar 25, 2015
Fuckville
I like some of the features on the LAD watches, but for a basic ABC watch the Casio ProTrek series is hard to beat.

Casio Pro Trek on Amazon

My only ABC watch is an older Casio PAW1100T. It's large at 52mm, but it's made of titanium and plastic - very lightweight.

View attachment 55131
this particular watch never came up in any of my searches. huh, solar and basic.

what makes this stand out over the lad and suunto watches for you? good/bad I just want opinions as I am hard on my watches, shoes and gear. I just need it to be like my timex stuff I had when I was younger.

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
this particular watch never came up in any of my searches. huh, solar and basic.

what makes this stand out over the lad and suunto watches for you? good/bad I just want opinions as I am hard on my watches, shoes and gear. I just need it to be like my timex stuff I had when I was younger.
It depends on what you value most in a watch. Suunto is more focused on smart watch features and phone connectivity. Generally they need to be plugged in for a recharge periodically.

Most of the Casios have triple sensors, few or no smart features, and are solar powered/charged. They also have all of the tough features of the Gshock line including 200m water resistance. Suunto is a mixed bag for specs on shock and water resistance, and versions with comparable specs are typically more expensive than a comparable Casio.

Side note: whatever you choose, go with a positive display (dark text on a light background). Negative displays (light text, dark background) are generally harder to read in sunlight.

Reactions: Grunk

Kobayashi

Frontiersman
Mar 25, 2015
Ola
...also, the G-Shock Rangeman GW9400 is one of the best deals going for a tough ABC watch. It's just a matter of whether or not you like the looks.