Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Say hello to my little friend! Man, I was caught off guard that my number came around so quickly on this. They must be making them on a grand scale.

So, there are two options for this and although my Mac has the TASK conversion (hole drilled in back of receiver for stock with spring and buffer tube) I chose to go with the IRM (internal recoil mechanism) for my setup. It does limit it me to either 5.56 of 300 blkout (just a barrel change) and no way to play with different buffer weights to change ROF (rate of fire) or change barrel or bolt for other calibers. I can order the parts and it is actually more expensive to convert to the TASK version from the IRM version. I chose the IRM as I wanted something that runs for now. I also wanted to keep the weight down for the setup and adding an M4 (I have already) or an A4 stock assembly would add to the weight.

I would not mind maybe converting to 300BLkOUT since only a barrel change would be needed. Well, that and the proprietary wrench from Lage to take the barrel nut off. The other issue is the expense of ammo at FA. I thought about 7.62x.39 but dont want to beat the hell out of my frame. Also, when converting to a different caliber, it will prolly take some effort to make it run.

Now, if only I could get a 5.7x28 barrel and bolt setup as well as the upper to take PS90 mags like my AR57 upper.....

20190212_152506.jpg

Hopefully a range report and some videos to come this weekend. Hoping the Hossienda Range will be open!

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Say hello to my little friend! Man, I was caught off guard that my number came around so quickly on this. They must be making them on a grand scale.

So, there are two options for this and although my Mac has the TASK conversion (hole drilled in back of receiver for stock with spring and buffer tube) I chose to go with the IRM (internal recoil mechanism) for my setup. It does limit it me to either 5.56 of 300 blkout (just a barrel change) and no way to play with different buffer weights to change ROF (rate of fire) or change barrel or bolt for other calibers. I can order the parts and it is actually more expensive to convert to the TASK version from the IRM version. I chose the IRM as I wanted something that runs for now. I also wanted to keep the weight down for the setup and adding an M4 (I have already) or an A4 stock assembly would add to the weight.

I would not mind maybe converting to 300BLkOUT since only a barrel change would be needed. Well, that and the proprietary wrench from Lage to take the barrel nut off. The other issue is the expense of ammo at FA. I thought about 7.62x.39 but dont want to beat the hell out of my frame. Also, when converting to a different caliber, it will prolly take some effort to make it run.

Now, if only I could get a 5.7x28 barrel and bolt setup as well as the upper to take PS90 mags like my AR57 upper.....

View attachment 48101

Hopefully a range report and some videos to come this weekend. Hoping the Hossienda Range will be open!

That's badass! I wanna choot it. I can only imagine how expensive that would be to shoot with 300blk, even with "cheap" FMJ's.

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Congrats!

So glad folks like Lage are out there providing cool stuff like this for the ol' Macs!

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Well, it looks like Saturday is out. Storm through here damaged my roof a little so got.to have it looked at and file a claim.

Reactions: BangBang and Grunk

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
Well, it looks like Saturday is out. Storm through here damaged my roof a little so got.to have it looked at and file a claim.

That sucks man. Good luck getting everything fixed up and with as little headache as possible. Hopefully the roofing company will do most of the dealing with your insurance company.

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
That sucks man. Good luck getting everything fixed up and with as little headache as possible. Hopefully the roofing company will do most of the dealing with your insurance company.
Yeah. That is the plan. It ripped one section of flashing of an eave and a couple shingles blown off the roof.

Grunk

Why leave anything here?
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
xkbn;zdfbmzd
Zip code
@Mac11FA , I actually work for a roofing company. If you want to send me your name & number I'll pass them on to our production manager. Our guys get up on the roof with your adjuster and we handle all the stuff with the insurance company.

Reactions: dial1911
H

Hoss

View attachment 48101

The Hossienda range appears to be open Saturday and Sunday.

Reactions: Mac11FA and Grunk

Mac11FA

Disgruntled large member
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
The Hossienda range appears to be open Saturday and Sunday.
Hopefully the weather is nice and my 1200 rds of ammo gets here by then. The roofing inspection is scheduled for 10am but dont know how long it will take if we get the ins adjuster out at same time. If the roof weren't so high and I had a ladder I would fix myself.

I am thinking Sunday would be better so I am not rushing.

Reactions: Grunk
H

Hoss

Hopefully the weather is nice and my 1200 rds of ammo gets here by then. The roofing inspection is scheduled for 10am but dont know how long it will take if we get the ins adjuster out at same time. If the roof weren't so high and I had a ladder I would fix myself.

I am thinking Sunday would be better so I am not rushing.
Luckily, you are a lifetime member. Just text the range officer of your plans.

Reactions: Grunk