Recipe Jalapeño... on a steeeeck!!!

Preparedness Depot in Acworth, GA

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
So by some people I'm known, thanks to Jeff Dunham and my appetizer, as Jalapeño! So, I call these my jalapeño... on a steeeeck!!!!

Ingredients:
14 jalapeños
1 package cream cheese
1 small can crushed pineapple
1lb bacon
Rub of choice

I start with splitting my jalapeño in half and remove ribs and seeds. Now, if you really want heat save this in another bowl to mix in the creamcheese

I beat the cream cheese with a fork till soft. Then drain the crushed pineapple and add to the cream cheese. Now you could get the pineapple cream cheese, but there is not enough pineapple in it for me!

Now cut your 1lb of bacon in half. I have tried full slices 1.) It becomes expensive 2.) It leaves you with chewy bacon.

Now take the cream cheese mixture and begin spooning it into the half peppers. I usually even it out with the pepper.

Once filled, wrap your half strip of bacon around the pepper. Stick a toothpick through it to hold it together. Now sprinkle you favorite rub on top.
SECRET: in a bowl mix 1 spoon of rub to 2 spoons light brown sugar... this will give it that sweetness and carmalize on the bacon!!

Smoker @ 250* they take about 1-1.5hrs. On a grill indirect heat it will be about 30mins. Cook it till the bacon is crispy looking, darker in color.

0831130916.jpg

20170723_181211-1.jpg

Finished product!

0517141507.jpg

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
I'm hungry as fuck right now and those pics just made me even more hungry. I hate you. I make the same thing minus the pineapples. I'm not too big on pineapples.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
I'm hungry as fuck right now and those pics just made me even more hungry. I hate you. I make the same thing minus the pineapples. I'm not too big on pineapples.

After making them a couple times I thought to myself that it needed something. Pineapple is sweet with the heat!

Reactions: dial1911

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code
After making them a couple times I thought to myself that it needed something. Pineapple is sweet with the heat!

I was thinking about trying to make them with some tiger paw habaneros. I love spicy stuff. That's why I take prescription zantac, lol.

Reactions: SouthernSlammed

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
I was thinking about trying to make them with some tiger paw habaneros. I love spicy stuff. That's why I take prescription zantac, lol.

Chop them up fine and mix with the cream cheese... make for a hell of a surprise to guests!!!

Reactions: Jake

Jake

Steering wheel holder
Super Moderator
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Ball Ground
Zip code

I hate you a little less now because of this thread I remembered that I had some of these in the freezer...

20170723_224826.jpg

Not quite the same, but they will do for now. And they have some raspberry habanero sauce with them too. :hungry:

EugenFJR

An anchor on a ship of fools.
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 3, 2015
Your mom's house
Zip code
I tried to grill bacon a few weeks ago... It didn't work too well, and what can you sub. for jalapeno's ? I hate them, and they would make my butt hole feel like it started the Chicago fire... Could you use another meat, like chicken or steak, to wrap the bacon around?

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
I tried to grill bacon a few weeks ago... It didn't work too well, and what can you sub. for jalapeno's ? I hate them, and they would make my butt hole feel like it started the Chicago fire... Could you use another meat, like chicken or steak, to wrap the bacon around?

I will be honest with you, if you get rid of all the ribs and seed there is little to no heat to the jalapeño once it has cooked! The ones I made tonight didn't have any heat. I have gotten alot of people to eat these who wouldn't have otherwise!

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code

Oh... anything wrapped in bacon is awesome! Key is not putting bacon over a heat/flame!

Reactions: AirOpsMgr

NWS

Not a hot midget
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
Georgia
Zip code
I will be honest with you, if you get rid of all the ribs and seed there is little to no heat to the jalapeño once it has cooked! The ones I made tonight didn't have any heat. I have gotten alot of people to eat these who wouldn't have otherwise!

Rinse them off with water after you gut them and they lose all heat.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Bump again... for those asking about the peppers today!

The peppers I had today were pretty big, so I doubled the pineapple and cream cheese!

Reactions: dial1911

Hayata

Blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-blam-PING!
Kalash Klub
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Mmmm...mmm...GOOD!

Son #2 actually ate them, too, and he's a picky eater!

Son#1 only ate the bacon off of his...

dial1911

Waiting for the flash
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2015
Anywhere but here
southeastoutdoors.boards.net
Bump again... for those asking about the peppers today!

The peppers I had today were pretty big, so I doubled the pineapple and cream cheese!

Those things were awesome- I like to cook, and this recipe is definitely making it into the rotation anytime I have a hot grill. I don't like spicy food, my family likes it even less- these were great. Good pepper flavor, little sweet/creamy cheese, and some bacon and rub to round it out. Adding the pecan to the coals made it just about perfect.

I promise to steal this recipe. I will do my best to give you some credit ;)

AirOpsMgr

Director of Lavatory Services
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 24, 2015
I follow a similar recipe, but I stick a big-ass shrimp (raw/peeled/deveined) dusted with some old bay seasoning, inside the Jalapeno; give it a try sometime, it's not too shabby ;)