I won an award...

Grunk

Hard to be an Outlaw that ain't Wanted anymore
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 31, 2018
Monroe
Zip code
They used to do that in Fayetteville until someone challenged them about coast down distances. Might want to check into that and see if you can beat the revenuer.
A guy in our neighborhood got a ticket thrown out the same way here in Monroe. Worth a try.

Reactions: georgia357 and 1776

Hoss

The Second Coming
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
Monticello
Zip code
At this point, the fact that the officer was "kind" enough to drop my measured speed to 1mph below "Super Speeder" status as long as I didn't take it to court is enough to make me pay my fine and move along. I'll pay my $210 stupid-tax and avoid that 1/2 mile stretch of 341 for the rest of my life.

karlvv

Legend
Apr 3, 2015
Harlem, GA
Zip code
At this point, the fact that the officer was "kind" enough to drop my measured speed to 1mph below "Super Speeder" status as long as I didn't take it to court is enough to make me pay my fine and move along. I'll pay my $210 stupid-tax and avoid that 1/2 mile stretch of 341 for the rest of my life.
You have contributed. Your job is done. On to the next pleb.

Matt Ellerbee

i May be used, but baby I ain’t used up.
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 26, 2016
Canton
Zip code
If you did go to court, would the officer raise the speed that he wrote ticket for? I’m confused.

Reactions: FatAlbert and Grunk

Mac11FA

Gunoholic
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Patriot Lifetime
Mar 26, 2015
Locust Grove, GA
Zip code
Fast driving awards!

My dad always told me that the best way to keep from getting a ticket was to not speed.

Super speeder!?!?! You was hauling ass faster than either posted speed.

Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia.

And I think they slap those pretty steel bracelets on for Super speeder. He could a been a dick.

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
It's your right to go to court, he can't bribe you, no more you bribe him!

SouthernSlammed

Gingerbeard Operator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2015
Fapville
Zip code
Fast driving awards!

My dad always told me that the best way to keep from getting a ticket was to not speed.

Super speeder!?!?! You was hauling ass faster than either posted speed.

Georgia's 'Super Speeder Law' defines a Super Speeder as a driver convicted of speeding at 75 mph or more on a two-lane road or at 85 mph and above on any road or highway in the State of Georgia.

And I think they slap those pretty steel bracelets on for Super speeder. He could a been a dick.
A good dick never passes on being a dick!

Hayata

This Space for Rent
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Zip code
Why does the cop care if you take it to court or not? How does it impact him? More/less revenue for his locale I guess. Maybe now they can beautify the parks or something...

Tedkennedy

Omnivore
Site Supporter
May 17, 2016
Oklahoma
Zip code
Did the hero in blue ask where you were going? Coming from?

"As long as I didn't take it to court"????

I'd file a FOIA request for the bodycam interaction, and go to court, asking why it's OK to extort money - trying to prevent you from exercising your right to challenge a ticket in court.

At least he didn't shoot your dog.

Hoss

The Second Coming
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
Monticello
Zip code
Why does the cop care if you take it to court or not? How does it impact him? More/less revenue for his locale I guess. Maybe now they can beautify the parks or something...
He actually wrote the ticket for a higher amount then dropped it below Super Speeder after we talked for a few minutes.

Laufen

Ammosexual
Site Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 23, 2015
I85
Zip code
He actually wrote the ticket for a higher amount then dropped it below Super Speeder after we talked for a few minutes.
When I got my super speeder up here in Hart county (84 in a 55) the cop spoke with a colleague of mine at the gas station and he told him where I work. The cop didn't turn the super speeder fine into the state. I just ended up paying the fine in Hart Co. It pays to know people, lol.

Reactions: Hoss and Mac11FA

Cudruln

Turning pennies into dollars.
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 5, 2015
Rockmart, GA
Zip code
Oh cops. Here to hide so they can protect and serve. Glad he stopped you from committing a serious crime.

Reactions: dial1911

cbh13

Tracker
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
hey cheaper than a day at the track :p. also anyone know the stipulations on if they pull you over for speeding when they pass you? had one pass the opposite direction say he got me at ~28 over which i knew would be a juicy ticket but then somewhat begrudgingly told me to chill it out and left. I was left wondering if he was just being cool or couldnt actually ticket me for whatever reason

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
hey cheaper than a day at the track :p. also anyone know the stipulations on if they pull you over for speeding when they pass you? had one pass the opposite direction say he got me at ~28 over which i knew would be a juicy ticket but then somewhat begrudgingly told me to chill it out and left. I was left wondering if he was just being cool or couldnt actually ticket me for whatever reason
I've gotten a couple tickets from cops passing me going the opposite direction. Mostly by Snellville cops though, and they are all dickheads.

Hoss

The Second Coming
Administrator
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 11, 2019
Monticello
Zip code
That's it?!?! Any points on the license?
Yep, that's it. Not sure about points. I haven't gotten a ticket in over 25yrs. I'm not sure about the point stuff.

Cameron Shepherd

Chasing Waterfalls
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
Idk. My fattest ticket was from a cop going the opposite direction. Got me after 3 miles down the road and said “I clocked you going 9 over, it’s a dangerous curve you should have been going 45.” Which is fair, but what he said next bothered me “I wasn’t going to pull you over then I saw the T I’m a Bulldog.” And then I got a $265 ticket. But man I sure felt safe.

cbh13

Tracker
Aug 26, 2016
Auburn
Zip code
I've gotten a couple tickets from cops passing me going the opposite direction. Mostly by Snellville cops though, and they are all dickheads.
yah this was in lawrenceville so not too far off. And granted as soon as i saw him and passed him was an "aww shit" moment. I know there is some rule about the angle they can hit you at so i wonder if i was outside of it or if he was just being really nice. but considering the speed, location, and fact i was in a loud ass turbo miata i thought my buns was done for sure.

Reactions: Jake

Jake

All gun laws are an infringement!
Super Moderator
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 11, 2015
Southern Gwinnett/Northern Rockdale
Zip code
Idk. My fattest ticket was from a cop going the opposite direction. Got me after 3 miles down the road and said “I clocked you going 9 over, it’s a dangerous curve you should have been going 45.” Which is fair, but what he said next bothered me “I wasn’t going to pull you over then I saw the T I’m a Bulldog.” And then I got a $265 ticket. But man I sure felt safe.
The fact that you're a Tennessee fan should have been enough for him to feel sorry for you and let you go. When it's been 13 years since you've even beaten a top 10 ranked team that should be enough.

Reactions: Cameron Shepherd

Cameron Shepherd

Chasing Waterfalls
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2015
Cleveland, TN
Zip code
The fact that you're a Tennessee fan should have been enough for him to feel sorry for you and let you go. When it's been 13 years since you've even beaten a top 10 ranked team that should be enough.
I’m not a fan. But it’s a stipulation placed on the vehicle I drive. It’s like a giving Scarlett letter. Haha

• Haha
Reactions: SouthernSlammed